*Denotes student under Dr. Grady’s supervision
- Mahjabin, T.*, A. Mejia, S. Blumsack, and C. Grady. 2019. Integrating embedded resources and network analysis to understand food-energy-water nexus in the US. Science of the Total Environment. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.136153
- Mohammadpour, P.*, T. Mahjabin*, J. Fernandez*, and C. Grady. 2019. From national indices to regional action—An Analysis of food, energy, water security in Ecuador, Bolivia, and Peru. Environmental Science & Policy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2019.08.014
- Mahjabin, T.*, S. Garcia, S., C. Grady, and A. Mejia. 2018. Large Cities get more for less: Water footprint efficiency across the US. PlosOne. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0202301
- Grady, C., K.V. Nguyen, T.V. Nguyen, E.R. Blatchley III. 2018. Who is being left behind? An analysis of improved drinking water and basic sanitation access in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development. doi: 10.2166/washdev.2018.005
- Grady, C. E. Kipkorir, K. Nguyen, E.R. Blatchley III. 2015. Microbial quality of improved drinking water sources: evidence from western Kenya and southern Vietnam. J. of Water and Health. 13(2): 607–612.
- Grady, C., X. He, S. Peeta 2015. Integrating social network analysis with analytic network process for international development project selection to increase organizational reach. Expert Systems with Applications. 42(12); doi:10.1016/j.eswa.2015.02.039
- Grady, C., A. P. Reimer, J. R. Frankenberger, and L. S. Prokopy. 2013. Locating Existing Best Management Practices within a watershed: The value of multiple methods. Journal of American Water Resources Association. 49(4): 883-895.
- Grady, C. and T. Younos. 2012. Bottled Water Technology and Its Global Ramifications: An Overview. International Water Technology Journal. 2(2):185-195.
Peer Reviewed Books and Chapters
- Younos, T. and C. Grady eds. 2014. Potable Water: Emerging Global Problems and Solutions. The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. Springer Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-06563-2.
- Grady, C., S.C. Weng, and E.R. Blatchley III. 2014. Global potable water: current status, critical problems and future perspectives. In Potable Water: Emerging Global Problems and Solutions. The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. Springer Publishing.
- Younos, T., and C. Grady eds. 2013. Climate Change in Water Resources. The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry, Vol 25. Springer Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-642-37585-9.
- Chen, Y.S., L. Li, L. Jiang, C. Grady, and X.H. Li. 2013. The Impact of Urban Water Use on Energy Consumption and Climate Change: A Case Study of Household Water Use in Beijing. In Climate Change in Water Resources. The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry. 169-197.
Selected Reviewed Conference Proceedings, Journal Impact Reports and Special Reports
- Bockenhauer, S., Fields, F., Clement, Z., Chao, A., Schmitt, R., Grady, C., and Schoeberlein, D. 2017. Energy-Water Nexus. U.S. Department of Energy. Quadrennial Energy Review 1.2 Baseline Reports. Environment Baseline Vol. 4.
- Grady, C. 2013. Independent Review of the Challenge Program on Water and Food Mekong. Evaluating program effectiveness through the attributes and perceptions of partner organizations.
- Ortiz, A., D. Chiu, C. Grady, E.R. Blatchley III. 2013. Variability in the Performance of municipal Wastewater UV Disinfection Systems. Proceedings of the International Ultraviolet Association World Congress 2013. Las Vegas, NV, September 2013.
- Grady, C. and T. Younos. 2012. Bottled Water: Panacea or Plague. American Water Resources Association. Water Resources Impact. 4(6):15-17.
Additional conference proceedings available upon request
- Grady, C. 2018. “Science and Engineering in the Modern Age: An investigation into case-based learning for STEM ethics education”. Association of Practical and Professional Ethics Annual Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Mahjabin, T.*; Garcia, S.; Grady, C.; Mejia, A. 2017. “Scaling of the Urban Water Footprint: An Analysis of 65 Mid- to Large-Sized U.S. Metropolitan Areas”. Abstract GC23A-1045 presented at 2017 Fall Meeting, AGU, New Orleans, LA, 11-15 Dec.
- Grady, C. 2017. “The Montreal Protocol treaty and its illuminating history of science-policy decision-making”. Abstract PA41A-0309 presented at 2017 Fall Meeting, AGU, New Orleans, LA, 11-15 Dec.
- Grady, C. November 2016. “Negotiating the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol”. University of Maryland, Global Environmental Politics Course. Invited presentation. College Park, Maryland.
- Grady, C. November 2016. “Science and Policy Communications”. Purdue University, Agronomy 596 Professional Presentations Course. Invited presentation. West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Grady, C. October 2015. “Communicating with Policy Makers”. Purdue University, Agronomy 596 Professional Presentations Course. Invited presentation. West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Grady, C. March 2014. “Social Network Analysis in the Mekong River Basin: Opportunities for Research”. An Giang University. Invited presentation. Long Xuyen, Vietnam.
- Grady C.. March 2013. “Performance of Biologically-Active Sand Filters for Drinking Water Treatment: Exploration of Biophysical Factors and Consumer Social Behavior Trends in Eldoret, Kenya”. Office of Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs Spring Reception. Invited presentation. West Lafayette IN.
- Grady, C., E.R. Blatchley III, Isaac Soita. February 2013. “Performance of Biologically-Active Sand Filters for Drinking Water Treatment: Exploration of Biophysical Factors and Consumer Social Behavior Trends in Eldoret, Kenya”, Disinfection and Public Health Conference. Indianapolis, IN.
- Grady, C. January 2012. “Preparing Emerging Young Professionals for Transboundary Environmental Research and Leadership through Experiential Learning: The Across Borders Fellowship Program”, National Council on Science and the Environment Annual Conference. Washington DC.
- Grady, C. and M. Schaefer. September 2011. “Water words that work, how to make an engaging brochure”, Indiana Watersheds Webinar Series, Invited presentation.
- Grady, C. and J. Frankenberger. August 2011. “The impact of scale: evaluation of best management practices in the Eagle Creek watershed”, American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers Annual Conference, Oral Presentation. Lexington, KY.
Additional presentations available upon request
*Denotes student under Dr. Grady’s supervision